Friday, December 31, 2010

First Night Worcester 2011 - No Shuttle Service - Trolley?

I was planning out our activities for First Night Worcester 2011 tonight when I realized that there will be no shuttle service to help you get to/from the various activities. I have no problem walking between the various sites myself, but the snow and relatively uninviting pedestrian experience that is downtown Worcester means that most people will drive between venues. Trust me, getting three small kids in and out of their car seats in full winter dress multiple times is not something I look forward to - it was nice to park once and use the shuttle.

The lack of shuttle service got me to thinking if the proposed Downtown - Canal District Trolley Line might serve as a possible substitute. Here's what it would look like superimposed on the First Night Worcester 2011 map:
First Night Worcester 2011 Map with Proposed Downtown - Canal District Trolley Line Superimposed
 Seems like it would fit in nicely with the existing venue locations. Free boarding with your First Night button, no car seats/snow filled sidewalks to deal with, a ride down a snow covered Main St. on a restored historic Osgood Bradley trolley car past City Hall and the Common, and easy connections to Union Station where you can park once and possibly either continue on the Trolley to experience the Canal District restaurants and nightlife or transfer to the Airline for service to Shrewsbury St. and all it has to offer!

Happy New Year.......

1 comment:

  1. I go through your map! There we found right venue locations. Would you mind updating your blog with more information? It is extremely helpful for me.

    ReplyDelete